Saturday 31 January 2015

How To Gamemaster Like A Fucking Boss, a Kickstarter by Venger Satanis

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1575519826/how-to-game-master-like-a-fucking-boss

Cover art by: HELMUTT


If you have read Liberation Of The Demon Slayer and The Island Of Purple-Haunted Putrescence you know that both adventures include house-rules and some GM tips from the author, +Venger Satanis.

Now he is putting out a full guide how to GM like a fucking boss. What does it mean.

The Game Master secrets of Venger Satanis. I'll teach you how to become a better Game Master. Not just better... one of the best.
Bold claims, I say. But I am intrigued. I have enjoyed Venger's style of writing in LotDS and
TIoP-HP and even though I wouldn't use all the house-rules he's included in these books I think those are very solid and not bad at all.

Because of those facts I know about Venger's writing I think this could be a good book also.

I already have enjoyed Quick Primer For Old School Gaming (by Matthew Finch) what was an awesome tutorial for me to understand the differences of old-school and modern Dungeons & Dragons. Also The Referee book in the Grindhouse Edition boxed set of Lamentations of the Flame Princess is really good also teaching a lot of running games.

Does How To Gamemaster Like A Fucking Boss teach you tricks to be an awesome DM? Is it for newbies or could it make anyone shine? Is it full of obvious? Is it full of itself? You have to read the link and make your own decision for that.

I think it is inexpensive, so it doesn't hurt to get it. And I think that part of being a good DM is to learn and read a lot about DM methods and how other DMs run games. You don't have to use everything from everyone, but extra knowledge never hurts.

And Venger promised that interior artwork will be best amongst the DM guides.

Am I going to get this, you ask? For sure!

2 comments :

  1. If anything I got to admire it's name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think novice, intermediate, and advanced Game Masters will all get something out of it. Thanks for the plug, hoss. I've got about half of the artwork already in and the rest coming. Really talented artists doing what they do.

    ReplyDelete